After months of build up, my presentation at Affiliate Summit is now complete. I was lucky enough to have two great speakers with me (Carolyn Tang and Kristen Kinsey) along with a seasoned moderator (Marty Fahncke). For those of you who missed it (which was all but about 60 people!), we spoke about Monetizing Blogs. It was a true introductory session on affiliate marketing, including definitions and real life examples. We even walked through a couple of audience members’ blogs live and gave suggestions. Here are a few of my takeaways:
- It always helps to have your mom in the front row cheering you on.
- My fellow panelists are some of the smartest women in affiliate marketing and can answer just about any question on the spot.
- My favorite part of the presentation was the end. Not just because I had been so nervous but because I loved the chance to talk to the people who came to the session and exchange ideas with them.
- Speaking at Affiliate Summit is both an uplifting and a humbling experience. You realize both what you know and what you do NOT know.
- The best way to figure out how well you really know how to do something is to try to explain it to someone else.
For those of you who didn’t attend, I forgot to mention one really important WordPress plugin that you should be using. If you want to use the php includes options of sites like GoldenCan and PopShops (and you should for SEO purposes), you’re going to need to be able to insert php into your WordPress posts and pages. Check out the Exec-PHP plugin for that.
I hope to be lucky enough to be chosen to speak again in the future. More importantly, I hope to learn enough between now and then to be sure that I can continue to provide helpful information to others in my industry.
Latest posts by Tricia Meyer (see all)
- Why You Need To Get OptinMonster Today - August 17, 2016
- Look Past the Smiles to the Purpose - August 10, 2016
- Information You Need To Negotiate a Better Affiliate Deal - August 4, 2016