I’ve had the privilege of serving as a mentor at the last two Affiliate Summits. Each time I was paired with an affiliate who was very new to the industry. In both cases I was able to see Affiliate Summit through their eyes and remember back to my first time, when I was so new to affiliate marketing that I didn’t know CPA from CPS or a toolbar from a network. It can be confusing and overwhelming, especially when you are a blogger and do something else full-time.
Last summer I participated in a panel at Blog Indiana with two women who are both educated about and instrumental in affiliate marketing– Carolyn Tang and Kristen Kinsey. We were lucky enough to be chosen to give a similar presentation at Affiliate Summit West. If you are relatively new to monetizing your blog or affiliate marketing in general, here is a little taste of what you can learn from our presentation:
- Affiliate marketing basic terminology such as “merchant,” “network,” and “affiliate”
- Ways to evaluate potential merchants for your site
- How to use PayPerCall technology
- Different ad types including banners, text links, and specific products
- Widgets and plugins that help add content to your site while monetizing it
- How best to work with your affiliate manager
- General resources for affiliate marketing
As I said, this is meant to be a basic session geared to those who are new to affiliate marketing and/or monetizing their blogs. We’ll show you some examples and also give you an opportunity to have your blog looked at by the panel live for feedback on how you can better monetize it. If you are interested, our session is at 3:00 on Sunday and is titled Start Monetizing Your Blog Today. If you are already a seasoned affiliate marketing veteran, please help spread the word to those who might be interested and would find it valuable.
Thanks to Marty Fahncke for moderating for us!
Latest posts by Tricia Meyer (see all)
- How You Can Support a Small Business This Season - November 17, 2017
- 3 Crucial Steps When Running a CPA Offer - October 25, 2017
- I Was Burned by Affiliate Marketing (as a Consumer) - September 26, 2017