We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I’ve been a small business owner for 7 years now, and it has not been easy. My mom owned a business when I was growing up and I remember that although it seemed really cool that she could “do whatever she wanted,” there was also a certain amount of stress that always went along with it. Probably even more stress than working for someone else.
I’ve been fortunate enough to catch some lucky breaks and have a lot of people help me along my way to make my business successful. Some were friends who just wanted to extend a hand and others were total strangers who liked what I was doing.
I want to give back to my friends in the way that my friends helped me. Don’t worry, Kevin, I’m not going crazy and just giving away my affiliate marketing consulting services to anyone who asks. In fact, I am guessing that those services are not the ones that most of you need. Rather, I would like to do something small for each of you if I can. But I need to know how I can help you. Here are some ideas.
- If you have a blog, list it below in the comments and I will check it out and leave some comments on your posts.
- If you have a Facebook page or Twitter account, post those and I will follow them.
- If you are the owner of a brick and mortar business in the Indianapolis area, leave a comment with the name and what you do. I’ll check it out and keep it in mind whenever I need services or have a friend asking for something you might be able to do. I am the queen of business referrals!!
- If you are a writer and looking for some exposure, hit me up and we’ll see where you can do a guest post on one of my sites. Surely one of them has to be a match for something you write!
That’s just what I can think of off the top of my head. If you think of anything else, let me know. It never hurts to ask! I am a firm believer that we all have to do what we can to help ourselves and those around us. I hope that there is something that I can do for YOU.
You’ve helped me most of all by introducing me to Aff Marketing. Even though I’m no longer on the affiliate side, you still continue to help me with the management side. Awesome blog, there are a lot of people that can benefit from you and your affiliate marketing expertise. Ok Ok, I can brag about her, shes my daughter.
BLAKE & the Dragons says
This is a lovely post. Few people are so generous with offerings to help. Looking for magic to become more of a full time Affiliate Marketer improving monetization of blogs & videos, Feel stuck on list building and RSS/visitor tracking. Looking for gradual implementation tactics, invest & grow, invest & grow… tactics.
Wow, I just watched you Pinterest seminar and wanted to thank you for all the information. I’m just starting out in affiliate marketing. I know a lot of nothing. But trying to learn.
I subscribed to your newsletter. I am very impressed and happy to find someone will to help with problems regarding affiliate marketing. Thanks so much.
I always appreciate advice … I’m doing a site design change at the moment so it’s a bit messy, but I’m always looking for ways to get more traffic and monetize/convert that traffic — that don’t get me in trouble with Google 🙂
Thanks in advance.
Are you working with Greg Hoffman in his Direct Gardening program on CJ yet?
Had never heard of it, I’ll look into it. Thanks!
Thank you so much for the offer!
I specifically need help with getting people to sign up for my newsletter. I have an awesome giveaway, but I don’t know how to promote it. I don’t have the designer or technical knowledge to do it!
Buck Woods says
This is an absolutely wonderful offer….Some of us are in need of advice from time to time, but are reluctant to ask friends because I feel it is an imposition.
Buck Woods says
I have 2 e-commerce sites Kids Clothes USA and Carolina China. I would value your opinion on each.
Andrew Kardon says
Tricia, what Kim said. I’ve know you for what, a few years now I guess (even though we didn’t actually meet in person till this year!) and you’ve always been incredibly sweet and helpful, even though we are competitors.
I have the same business/personal sense as you though, in that I want to help anyone and everyone I can. I’m a big believer in paying it forward.
I’ve got 2 things you could always help me with if you’re interested:
1) I’m a freelance writer always looking for new work (or even a guest post opportunity). http://www.andrewkardon.com/blog/
2) What I really need help with is building up traffic to http://www.JoeShopping.com. I know it’s a competitor of yours so I wouldn’t expect anything. But I’m certainly open to any cross promotion with you, perhaps on our blog and yours?
Have an awesometastic weekend!
Kim Rowley says
Tricia, you never cease to amaze me with your brilliant ideas and always helping others! You have helped me plenty, and I’m glad to call you a friend and colleague!
Aw, thanks! And the feeling is mutual!!