This week I was lucky enough to give a webinar through Affiliate Summit entitled “Monetize Your Blogging Skills with Affiliate Marketing.” The intent of the webinar was to teach bloggers how they can easily move from blogging to affiliate marketing with a little bit of important information and some easy tools. It was not a basic seminar about what affiliate marketing is (see my Start Monetizing Your Blog video for that information). Rather, it was food for thought about disclosure statements as well as some helpful plugins and network information.
Below are some notes and links from the presentation as well as a YouTube replay of the seminar.
- Disclosure statements are necessary for any bloggers who start recommending products or merchants. The FTC requires that they be “clear and conspicuous.”
- Visit disclosurepolicy.org to help you formulate one.
- The Exec-PHP WordPress Plugin is useful for inserting php into WordPress pages and posts.
- Use it in conjunction with GoldenCan and PopShops to create SEO friendly shopping pages or coupon directories.
- The Pretty Links plugin is great for redirecting affiliate links and cloaking (if you use the old version).
- Sub-identification tracking will help you better understand your conversions. Each network does this differently.
I think this webinar will be helpful to both brand new affiliates as well as those who have been in the business for awhile because we all do things a little bit differently and have different tips and shortcuts. Thanks to Affiliate Summit for giving me this opportunity!